So, here they are (pictures included), in chronological order from when I got them.
1) Heritage Rough Rider Replica in .22 long rifle and .22 Winchester Magnum Rimfire (WMR). A single-action revolver. My first firearm; it has interchangeable cylinders for the 2 different shells.
2) Glock 17 in 9mm. I got this one, used, from a guy in NJ. It was standard issue at a lot of police departments across the U.S. for a long time. Now a lot go with .40 and .45 caliber. I had wanted the 9mm for a while. It came with 3 magazines.
3) Savage Arms-made Fox, double-barrel, side-by-side, .410 bore shotgun. I got this one from my Grandpa for graduation in August 2007. He kept it in great condition. It works well and is fun to shoot.
4) Mossberg 500, 12 gauge, pump-action shotgun with 5-shot capacity tube and 18-inch, matte black barrel. I bought this one from Nome Outfitters in early February, with the idea of using it for bear defense with slugs and 00 buckshot. It came with a laser-pointer and flashlight that attach to the barrel. Kicks, but is fun to shoot. I'll hopefully be taking it out more this summer.
5) High Standard, Supermatic Trophy, target pistol in .22 long rifle. Father Sean Thompson here in Nome gave me a deal on this one. He said he wasn't using it much. It came with 2 magazines and a compensator for the barrel. It's heavy for its size and has adjustable sights. Great condition and shoots well.
6) Kel-tec P-32 in .32 auto. I have wanted one of these for the last year or so. I finally sent the money order in, and I took it home after my federal background check passed today. It weighs 6.6 ounces unloaded, and is the smallest, most light-weight, auto-loading gun on the planet. I haven't shot it yet, but there are a few accessories I plan to add to it before too long. The frame is composite, and the slide is parkerized (like the Glock); more durable than bluing. It cost a little more, but I like it.

3 comments:
Hmmm... Jacob, when you say you bought a gun "used"- that scares me a little ;)
How's life? Are you going to come down for the wedding?
Nice job pal...I always enjoy reading your entries
Jacob! Yo I prolly won't leave WWU until the winter of 2009! When you get back down here we should definitely shoot guns. Have a good one. Do you have jelly and bread for that Peanut butter?
Post a Comment